First Church believes that worshipping our Lord is the primary way that we express our relationship with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Each week we gather for a morning service. Our services engage us in song, prayer, offering, celebration of the Sacraments of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper, teaching soundly rooted in the Bible, and mutual witness to each other of God’s grace in this world. Through these communal means we enter into dialogue with God: God speaks and we listen; we speak and God receives the voice of our hearts.
Our services are rich in song and prayer. Sometimes the congregation sings, sometimes an ensemble leads us, sometimes children lead us, sometimes a choir sings, but always the Lord’s name is praised. Sometimes we use an organ, sometimes guitars and drums, flute and violin, and sometimes the congregation sings without accompaniment, but always the Lord’s name is praised. By whatever means we worship, our purpose is to give glory to God in the acts of worship.
- Children’s Care Center: Childcare for infants and toddlers (up to age 3) is provided during the morning worship services.
- Weather Policy: The church’s severe weather policy states that all church activities and services are automatically canceled in the event of a tornado warning or watch.
- Morning worship is scheduled every Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
- Special worship services are scheduled for Holidays such as Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Themes are established for specific Christian Seasons such as Lent and Advent that intend to deepen the significance of the season and each individual’s spiritual connection as they examine their relationship with the Lord.